There is a chain of unauthorized agents and subagents who claim to recruit for vacancies in gulf countries. These agents collect huge amounts from needy job seekers via attractive and misleading advertisements in newspapers.
Precautions while applying for new passports and seeking jobs outside India.
- While applying for a new passport, fill up the application form and pay the money at the counter of the Passport office personally. Avoid using the services of self proclaimed agents loitering outside
- There are no authorized agents appointed by the Passport Authority
- Passports cannot be SOLD. Touts may try it on you, but remember that traveling on a bogus Passport is illegal
- Looking for the registration number of recruiting agents on all advertisements for jobs outside India
- Insist on seeing the original registration certificate of the agent and check its validity before handing over your passport
- Get your passport, valid visa, travel tickets and ensure completion of all immigration formalities before handing over the full payment
- Payment should be made only to authorized agents and a receipt thereof must always be obtained
- The job seeker should know that the agent is bound to provide employment to the candidate within 60 days from making the final payment
- Prior agreement should be made regarding the type of job and terms of agreement should be gone through carefully
- In the event of any foul play, the job seeker should immediately contact the local police station