- To make an enquiry if a taxi or
auto-rickshaw is seen parked inside the compound
or outside the building for a long time.
- To inform the police in case they find any
vehicle parked inside the building (if ownership
is not known) for a long time.
Secretaries of societies are advised to brief
all residents on the following:
- Whenever they employ a new servant, the
local police station should be informed. His or
her photographs, fingerprints and other details
should be obtained and submitted to local police
- They should be advised to install a door
with iron bars inside the flat, superior quality
night latches and special eye lens on the main
door. Ideally, interaction with strangers and
vendors should be through the grilled door. High
wattage light source with pilfer proof cover
outside the main door should be installed.
- They should not keep huge amounts of cash,
valuable ornaments etc., in the house
- They should avoid discussing money
transactions and other important family matters
in the presence of servants/ outsiders.
- They should not humiliate servants on petty
matters. Nor should they penalize them for small
- It is important to inform the police about
any suspicious happening or unclaimed object
found in suspicious circumstances. Extend full
cooperation to the police.
- A special register should be maintained in
every society and kept in the custody of the
chowkidar or in the society's office. Whenever
Police officers visit the area, they should get
an entry in such registers.